Thursday, September 13, 2007

Way beyond Charlotte



We're way beyond Charlotte Web, the early spider who evoked literary vibes with me. We're now down to hard core agression and capture with this specimen hiding behind the barn.

This does not make me think of sweet stories for children about little piggies on idyllic farms in New England being rescured by clever arachnoid brains.

I don't see a brain here. I see a pin point dedicated circuit hard wired for conquest. I see empire. I see Hollywood terror. I see fools in an oil rich desert, not knowing the climate will change in a few weeks and all that armor will fall and be kicked aside by the natives.

Well, I also see yellow design on an abdomen. Is there a similar creature within webbing distance whose heart will melt upon seeing this fine belly?

Hey, I was just trimming back a few grape vines. What made me think war? Is it time I move to Canada and see this as art?

1 comment:

lehmanjc said...

Great photo. Could it have made it's way to Montery on a shipping container from the Amazon?