Thursday, August 14, 2008

more vacation

Well, enough americana and Lincoln. I do reflect that other countries have ended slavery without a war. And I do reflect that our name is the United STATES of America, not the United Peoples of America. The power brokers of the 50 states are truly united. If you subtract out the war hysteria patriotism, I'm not so sure how much the peoples are united.

Day four of vacation was wheels and no wheels. That Chevy up on stilts looks angelic, already living in eternity. I'm confused, though. Dashboard looks like a '57 with the fan speedometer, while the taillights look like a '54.

Took a tourist train from New Haven, KY, to Boston, KY. These wheels took me the 45-minutes round trip. Now, I can understand how those brakes work. Cotter pin. Shoe. Bolt. Nut. I could fix that brake.

No comments: