Monday, January 6, 2014

no room at the inn--try the barn

The cold finally drove this vagabond inside.  Sunday evening was water and bread with peanut butter.  Same thing this morning and lunch.  Slowly began to trust me.  The last time I went to the barn he was at the door, but retreated when I entered.  But the inevitable--the township police.  First one with mere gloves.  Seeing the animal, he called back-up with a loop.  I don't want a dog, but my heart went out to this one as they walked him to the car.  I tried to be upbeat:  "hope this is the worst you see today, thanks."

Some kind of mastiff breed?  Trained, anyway.  As soon as he got out the barn door he peed; as the officer nudged, pushed and finally half-lifted him into the cruiser he pooped on the officer's shoe.  "Can I get you paper towels?"  Nah!  That one was not inclined to fraternize with civilians.



No comments: